2-Day Weekend Getaway Safari
- Tour Start: Nairobi
- Tour End: Nairobi
- Accommodation in Luxury Lodge / Campsite
- Guaranteed departure Every Saturdays and coming back on Sundays
Day 1: Nairobi –Mt Longonot
Pick up from Nairobi City Centre, safari briefing and drive via the scenic Great Rift Valley, A brief stop at the view point to get a view /take photos of the Great Rift Valley and proceed to Mt Longonot National Park
A trek to Mt Longonot to 9000ft, where a feeling to the altitude goes along with the tropical sun .The ecosystem mainly comprises of the mountain rising to 2,776m above sea level. On the sides of the mountain are V-shaped valleys and ridges with little vegetation; however a thick forest occurs within the crater. Major wildlife attractions include buffaloes, elands, lion, leopard, Bushbucks, common zebra, giraffe, grant gazelles, Thomson gazelles and many other antelopes. Other attractions include the extinct volcano and the crater forest, views of Lake Naivasha and the Great Rift Valley.
The crater can be circumnavigated; this takes another 4 hours via a narrow path. In some places this path has steep slopes on both sides and is not without danger.
Mount Longonot Day Trip Hiking Safari Requires:
- Good pair of walking boots (broken-in)
- Walking stick. An adjustable sprung loaded stick is best
- Camera, sun cream, plus your sweater that will be removed during the climb
- Pair of woolen socks as recommended by the boots manufacturer/sales man
- All of this hike is over rough ground and has all the hazards of hiking up steep inclines
- Don't under estimate dehydration. Drink water at the end of each section, and as required.
- Rucksack. Large enough to carry 2 x ½ litter of water plus few sandwiches to eat at the top
- The ranger's advice on all matters including your rate of progress should always be listened to
Later descend the mountain and walk back to the gate. Board the vehicle and drive to Hotel along Lake Naivasha for Lunch, afternoon optional boat ride in Lake Naivasha Optional boat ride to Crescent Island can be arranged Diner and overnight at Naivasha Simba / Sopa Lodge / Fish Eagle campsite
Day 2: Lake Naivasha -Hell's Gate National Park
After breakfast depart from our hotel/campsite for Hell's Gate National Park, A visit to the hells gate national park this park can be explored on foot or you could also cycle around the park
The park provides a variety of wildlife, unusual flora and many species of birds and is one of the only two Kenyan Parks where climbing, walking and biking are allowed. Animals seen here include Bushbucks, Dik diks, Gazelles, Gnus, Hartebeests, Impalas, Klipspringers, Buffaloes, Hyraxes, Zebras, Hyenas, Jackals, Mongooses, Baboons, Monkeys and Porcupines amongst others. The park has historically been an important home for the rare lammergeyer vultures. over 103 species of birds have been recorded in this park, including vultures, Verreaux's Eagles.
Lunch at the lodge. Late afternoon depart to Nairobi
- Transport in a 9 seater custom made Tour van with a pop up roof - each person is guaranteed a window seat
- Services of a professional English speaking guides
- Game drives as per the itinerary
- Parks entry fees;
- Accommodation in a walk-in tent self-contained with a hot & cold shower and a flash toilet
- Personal effects