- Kenya Safari Packages
- Tanzania Safari Packages
- Kenya & Tanzania Tours
- Uganda Tour Packages
- Special Tour Programmes
- Climbing Attempt Through Sirimon Route
- (The itinerary can be adjusted to 5 or 6 days)
A reasonably gradual trekking in Mount Kenya to the summit, on which unless it is your preference you do not need to camp since there are, manned mountain hut positioned strategically at the overnight stops. This hike is usually rated as the easiest among the short trips and is quite popular with persons attempting to reach an altitude exceeding 4000m for the first time. It is a good choice for large trekking groups as it follows the same trail up and down. This makes it convenient for those who are unable to reach the summit to stay behind at lower camps to wait for the rest of the group to complete the trip then descend together.
Depart Nairobi at 08.00 hrs to be transferred to Mountain Rock Lodge for a quick lunch. Continue transfer to Sirimon Park gate. From here, hike through mountain forest, bamboo and rosewood up to the Old Moses Hut, gaining an elevation range of 700m in 3-4 hours.
Dinner and Overnight @ Old Moses Hut(3300m)
Leaving early, we traverse the expansive moorlands carpeted with tussock grasses and dotted with the unique Giant lobelia and Senecio plants,crossing streams and valleys. Today‚s trek is quite long and rather tiring going mainly through the Mackinder Valley, with good views of the main peaks and a brief stopover for picnic lunch. Total walking time is approx. 7 hours gaining 900m in altitude before getting to the Shiptons Hut.
Dinner and Overnight @ Shiptons Hut(4200m)
Pre-dawn attempt of the summit starts at 0300hrs, taking 3-4 hours to reach point Lenana 4985m (the hikers summit) in time to watch the sunrise. On a clear day you can see the snow capped summit of Mt.Kilimanjaro miles away to the south. Descend back to Shipton‚s camp for breakfast. Spend the rest of the day at leisure.
Dinner and Overnight @ Shipton's Hut
Breakfast at 0700hrs then descend leisurely to the Sirimon road to catch our vehicle for transfer back to the base lodge for a hot shower and lunch. An additional night at the Base lodge is a rewarding bonus to you as it helps you recuperate. Those traveling back to Nairobi today leave after lunch, arriving there by 1700hrs.
- Transport from Nairobi to Sirimon /Chogoria/ Naromoru and back to Nairobi
- Transport from Sirimon to the mountain and back
- Mount Kenya trek and accommodation while trekking
- Climbing duration as per the detailed itineraries
- All government taxes
On the climb, the following are also included:
- Accommodation Two Man tent as detailed on the itinerary
- Services of a English speaking mountain guide, cook and adequate porters to carry both trip provisions and clients private bags
- National Park Entrance, accommodation and camping fees
- All food and catering equipment - breakfasts, lunches (packed when necessary)and evening meals prepared by the cook
- Certificate of Achievement/appreciation
- Free storage of excess baggage not required on the mountain hike.
- Rescue fees
- Nairobi accommodation and meals
- Travel and personal accident insurance
- Visa fees, passport, vaccinations, medicines, Personal Mountain equipment & tips
- Expenditure for mineral water, alcoholic drinks, souvenirs & other personal items
- Optional excursions not detailed in the itinerary
- Additional optional overnights added at the base hotel or extra days on the mountain added
- Extra costs incurred in case of own intentional change of itinerary while already on trek
- Gloves, Sun glasses, Sleeping bag, Hats, Rain suits, Warm Jacket, Heavy boots, Scarf's, Rain Trousers
- You can hire some of the equipments available at a reasonable cost