- Kenya Safari Packages
- Tanzania Safari Packages
- Kenya & Tanzania Tours
- Uganda Tour Packages
- Special Tour Programmes
Sirimon Out Chogoria Route
"A Precious Option"
- Climbing Attempt Through Sirimon Out Chogoria Route
- (Itinerary adjustable to 4, 6, or 7 days)
Interesting combination of the two most scenic routes on Mount Kenya, from the lush green forests and U-shaped valleys of Sirimon to the unique features of the temple, mushroom rocks and the Gorges Valley on the Chogoria side. There is also a marked contrast in micro-climatic conditions, Chogoria being wetter and more moist than Sirimon. This itinerary includes mandatory camping at Mintos on Day 3 but less preferred the other nights can be in the huts that exist along the route.
Pick up from your Nairobi Hotel. Depart by 0800hrs to be transferred to Sirimon Park gate. Lunch and onward transfer to the Park gate. From here, hike through montane forest, bamboo and rosewood up to the Old Moses Hut, gaining an elevation range of 700m in 3-4 hours.
Dinner and Overnight @ Old Moses Hut (3300m)
A long and rather tiring day leading to the base of the high peaks. Today's trek is largely through the moorlands and the Mackinder Valley, with good views of the main peaks and a brief stopover for picnic lunch. Total walking time is approx. 7 hours gaining 900m in altitude.
Dinner and Overnight @ Shipton's Hut (4200m)
Pre-dawn attempt of the summit starts at 0300hrs, taking 3-4 hours to reach Pt. Lenana 4985m (the hikers summit) in time to watch the sunrise. When the morning skies are clear, you can see the snow capped summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro several miles away to the south. Descend to Minto's camp for breakfast. Spend the rest of the day at leisure or exploring the spectacular Gorges Valley.
Dinner and Overnight @ Mintos campsite (4300m)
Leisurely descent along the left bank of Gorges Valley with a chance to enjoy the great scenery of the Temple, mushroom rocks, lakes etc. You arrive at the Meru Mt Kenya lodge after a 5-6 hours trek. Picnic lunch is served enroute.
Dinner and Overnight @ Mt. Kenya Lodge (3000m)
Leave at 0700 hrs, walking down the Chogoria Forest to meet with our vehicle for transfer back to Nairobi to arrive by 1700hrs
- Transport from Nairobi to Sirimon /Chogoria/ Naromoru and back to Nairobi
- Transport from Sirimon to the mountain and back
- Mount Kenya trek and accommodation while trekking
- Climbing duration as per the detailed itineraries
- All government taxes
On the climb, the following are also included:
- Accommodation Two Man tent as detailed on the itinerary
- Services of a English speaking mountain guide, cook and adequate porters to carry both trip provisions and clients private bags
- National Park Entrance, accommodation and camping fees
- All food and catering equipment - breakfasts, lunches (packed when necessary)and evening meals prepared by the cook
- Certificate of Achievement/appreciation
- Free storage of excess baggage not required on the mountain hike.
- Rescue fees
- Nairobi accommodation and meals
- Travel and personal accident insurance
- Visa fees, passport, vaccinations, medicines, Personal Mountain equipment & tips
- Expenditure for mineral water, alcoholic drinks, souvenirs & other personal items
- Optional excursions not detailed in the itinerary
- Additional optional overnights added at the base hotel or extra days on the mountain added
- Extra costs incurred in case of own intentional change of itinerary while already on trek
- Gloves, Sun glasses, Sleeping bag, Hats, Rain suits, Warm Jacket, Heavy boots, Scarf's, Rain Trousers
- You can hire some of the equipments available at a reasonable cost