- Kenya Safari Packages
- Tanzania Safari Packages
- Kenya & Tanzania Tours
- Uganda Tour Packages
- Special Tour Programmes
Naro Moru Route
- Climbing Attempt Through Naro Moru Route
A popular short trek, suitable for energetic mountain hikers. It's a moderate hike to the summit that follows a straightforward path with manned accommodation huts statically located at the overnight stops.
It is a popular itinerary for hikers with limited amounts of time for their hike or those on a weekend break. The routing is quit convenient for larger trekking parties since it follows the same trail up and down from the mountain making it possible for those unable to reach the very top to wait behind at the lower camps to be joined by the rest after the summit attempt.
Depart from Nairobi at 09:00hrs and proceed North towards the cool slopes of Mt. Kenya. Cross the Equator and arrive at Nanyuki Simba / Lodge in time for Lunch. Drive to the gate then walk to the Meteorological Station. This is a very good day for acclimatization; for we will be sleeping at an altitude of 10,000 ft 9 Kms 3-4 hours walk
Dinner and Overnight @ Met Camp
Hike up through the Teleki valley to Mackinders Camp where there is a spectacular view of the main peaks. Walking time approximately 4-6 hours. (14,000 ft.) 9kms 4-5 hours walk
Dinner and Overnight @ at Mackinders Camp
A pre- dawn attempt of point Lenana is made to ensure a successful summit bid and to try to reach the summit in time for a clear view of the majestic scenery. After climbing Pt. Lenana we return back to Mackinders camp for breakfast and then proceed down to Met Station Lodge for overnigh.9 kms 3 to 4 hours walk.
Dinner and Overnight @ at Met Camp
After breakfast at Met station walk down to Park Gate to catch your transport back to Nairobi, arriving in the afternoon.
- Transport from Nairobi to Sirimon /Chogoria/ Naromoru and back to Nairobi
- Transport from Sirimon to the mountain and back
- Mount Kenya trek and accommodation while trekking
- Climbing duration as per the detailed itineraries
- All government taxes
On the climb, the following are also included:
- Accommodation Two Man tent as detailed on the itinerary
- Services of a English speaking mountain guide, cook and adequate porters to carry both trip provisions and clients private bags
- National Park Entrance, accommodation and camping fees
- All food and catering equipment - breakfasts, lunches (packed when necessary)and evening meals prepared by the cook
- Certificate of Achievement/appreciation
- Free storage of excess baggage not required on the mountain hike.
- Rescue fees
- Nairobi accommodation and meals
- Travel and personal accident insurance
- Visa fees, passport, vaccinations, medicines, Personal Mountain equipment & tips
- Expenditure for mineral water, alcoholic drinks, souvenirs & other personal items
- Optional excursions not detailed in the itinerary
- Additional optional overnights added at the base hotel or extra days on the mountain added
- Extra costs incurred in case of own intentional change of itinerary while already on trek
- Gloves, Sun glasses, Sleeping bag, Hats, Rain suits, Warm Jacket, Heavy boots, Scarf's, Rain Trousers
- You can hire some of the equipments available at a reasonable cost